View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 08:27   Link #69
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Not noted yet and waiting for the sub. I am just going to say that it is an enjoyable series; it is not groundbreaking, but it is definitely not the forgettable kind unlike some says, at least for me.

I did read in various places that some complain about no plot development. Please, it has not plot to begin with.
Now, can I compare it with Azumanga Daioh or PPD? I cannot. Not because any of the three is superior or inferior to the others, but because they have their own brand of humor. Let me elaborate, I can laugh at Friends, Married with Children, Life of Brian, H (french comedy series set in an hospital), Kaamelott (delicious french parody of Arthur and The Knights of the Round Table) and Malcolm of the Middle, but I do not compare them, I don't see how one can be superior or inferior because they are so different. And seriously, I need variety everywhere, even in the comedy genre.

In conclusion, like Azumanga Daioh and Excel Saga, Lucky*Star will very likely end up in my DVD collection, should it be released in France.
Tried to cookie that assessment but I must spread the rep more it seems, so a quote will have to do for now. I, too, am getting tired of the "label and stop thinking" syndrome I see too much of on forums. L*S is more of a character study than a "plot" and is no less entertaining for that.