View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 10:33   Link #23090
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Is that good? If it is, I'm not sure how to feel about it. Besides Thor being awesome and Touma trying to pick up Birdy, this volume hasn't been anything to write home about so far.

Is that so...?

Tsundere much ?

Quote:
Suddenly, all "protection" in the world feels a lot less effective

So, only five parts in and Kamachi is trolling at full power. Come on, could he really have thought we needed that initial scene to know Mugino is still a psycho? Hell, I already kind of knew she was "using" Shiage that way, and I don't bother putting too much thought into the indexverse.

And of course, it (apparently) wouldn't be a new Index volume without our "You want some Touma and Mikoto? HAH HAH, go back to your fanfics!" moment. It was pretty amusing that our great hero is now picking clothes from the trash, though. With how much Index eats, he probably needs that level of practicality to survive

Also, that little star at the end of number #5. Nice detail.
Quote:
“Go to hell, loner, spits out Misaka in response to this black-hearted monster.”

The best imouto is back And so is Umidori's suffering.
Quote:
So, what have we learned from this update?

Fremea makes Last Order look like a sa..I mean, an ang... something really pure and well behaved, ok?
Rikou is essentially Blanc with superstrenght.
Touma hasn't bled out enough for his brain to stop working.
Silvia knows her valkiries.
Maria is one of the best catches in Touma's long harem history.
Countdown to Sylar is almost done.
The fight is finally starting.

Ready to rock?
Quote:
Round two

FIGHT!

Gotta admit, that was a really cool way to get things started.
Quote:
On a surprising twist, MISUNDERSTANDINGS save the day! And good ol' Touma reminds us he can be one crazy dude sometimes.

I think Kamachi might just be having a bit too much fun with this volume. Then again, it's just the first chapter, gonna have to wait and see how it all goes down.
Quote:
What are you talking about, that's a perfectly normal reaction. We totally needed that scene at the beginning to know Mugino is still a psychotic bitch!

Meanwhile, Johnny 5 is receiving a lightning course on free will and being a hero, though I guess enduring headbiting is an optional class. With this and the extra beat up I mentioned before, I can't stop thinking Kamachi isn't liking Touma very much right now, or he really wanted to give it a shot at this artificial creature made hero thing, since he already has knight, dark and the goon with a heart of gold flavors covered.

Also, I couldn't help to notice LO and Fremea, who Kamachi officially called idiots in the last volume, essentially reached the same conclusion as Touma

"Her" is Kretune, obviously. And boy, that is dark. As expected from someone born of Mr 2.