View Single Post
Old 2012-04-30, 09:40   Link #238
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Yeah, Fate/Zero 17 really did make me appreciate some events more now in Fate/Stay Night, especially the Fate route and the way Kotomine ended up being defeated there.

As for the pendent, I actually though ufotable cut the scene for time at first, since I did also think that Tokiomi gave Rin the pendent on their last meeting (from what I recalled from the UBW movie during Shioru and Rin's ''bonding'' scene) and looking back on it, I think even the Deen anime showed that Tokiomi gave that pendent ... except looking back at the game, that's not what happened at all.

Rin did find the pendent on her, yes, but there was a specif reason why Tokiomi wanted her to find it on her own, to teach her a lesson

Spoiler for meeting with Ayako:

Which of course lead to ...
Spoiler for realizing her mistake:
summoning the wrong Servant.

It's sort of an interesting detail about Tokiomi, now that we got to learn just how wrapped his views on the world really are. He was, to the very end, a magus, and even when it could have screwed over his daughter in a way he couldn't have guessed, he still made this test that would lead to her confusing the time, which of course jeopardized her shot at winning the war by not getting the servant she was gunning for.

Even in death, Tokiomi never escaped that tunnel vision of his.

I wonder why the Deen staff changed that ...
Even if she had tried to summon a Servant when her magical energy was at its peak she would still have gotten Archer. This is because unknown to her the pedant was working as her catalyst
Spoiler:

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2012-04-30 at 10:13.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote