View Single Post
Old 2009-04-11, 19:23   Link #215
RandomFlameStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by XekeXander View Post
Hi,
I don't mean to change the subject but I've just gotten through with ep. 18 and I just couldn't watch any more of the series, right now. It's almost like Mike Landon wrote this show ... Happy, beautiful but can be sad too ... But ...

I just had to say something at this point, even if no one agrees or cares ...

Is it just me or did Tomo not get the Doctor's advice that it would be a life and death delivery and that she should have the child in the hospital? Me, I would have taken leave from work, in the last month of her pregnancy and when the weather got bad moved her into a hotel or whatever nearer to the hospital, of course, bad things could have still happened, even in a modern hospital with all its modern wonder drugs and such, but, after-wards regardless of what happened, I would have been able to say that I did everything possible to see that things came out okay. A mid-wife? Was he nuts? Even with the woman in excellent health complications can arise. I don't know what the statistics were before the advent of modern natal and pre-natal care, but, I do know that the odds were pretty far against the mother not in great health.

But then again I'm alone and have been for most of my life and probably will be for the rest of my painful life ... That's just the way it is for me. So, maybe I have a bit differnet point of veiw on family and its importance ... Having never really had one of my own, (I'm butt ugly, poor and handicapped.) lol

In review:

This show is well made, with great art, has excellent voice acting and good writing. Has some dead-gum beautiful moments, some funny and exciting moments, as well ... But it has some gut-wrenchingly sad moments, too. I would, however, still recommend it to any one. It is, put simply, on my "must see list."

Good Journey ...
Xeke Xander
Well this topic has been discussed to death in the thread about ep 16. The general agreement is that fate screwed them over and Tomoya did all he could. Anyway watch ep 24 to see all of this clear up and come full circle, you won't regret it.