View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 18:39   Link #58
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerskian View Post
Can't bring myself to agree with this point, since the princess looks more like a freeloader or forced travel companion on Shichika's personal quest. Doesn't look in the mood of taking orders from her either, and he even ask her to be useful in any way ...
Hm, I think you're right there. It's been a while since I watched it, so I'd have to revisit the show to figure out where that memory comes from.

Quote:
but, even if you're probably pointing in the right direction, i feel like some pieces aren't in place , like the robotic-sword.
I'm not that knowledgable in Japanese history, but I always thought of the robotic sword as a reference to the automata that were popular during that time. I've never heard of sword fighting automata, obviously, but I wouldn't put it beyond some rich guy to use automata instead of straw puppets to train. (Here's a link that vaguely describes an archery automaton that apparantly could react to a hit or miss.)

I'm sure there's a lot I'm missing in there, too. I don't think going too deep there is a good idea, though. It's really a sentimantal but fun romp through history, I think. Lots of "poetic license".

I'm curious what you'll think of Kurenai. It's one of my favourites, especially due to the outstanding voice actors: Sawashiro Miyuki and Yuuki Aoi really brought the main characters' relationship to life. Most of the side characters are interesting, too.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote