Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 01:13   Link #1996
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Pet theory: each shot fired from that gun uses up one of the crystals originally taken from the scub. When said crystal is used it's destroyed effectively removing the associated scub itself from existence and triggering the butterfly effect we've witnessed at the end of the last episode. Thoughts?
Dunno, the episode's ending focused on Ao's wristband quartz being used up, rather than some random piece of the amalgam of quartz in the cannon. Moreover, the Scub woke up without their quartz cores so I don't think they are that attached to them and may possibly generate new ones on their own or something.

In the end, the result is favorable to the Secrets (death for them doesn't seem to be an issue and may well have been a catalyst rather than end goal of the firing, and you don't see them popping out of every orifice to chase after Ao's new toy), arguably favorable for the world (one less Scub means one less reason for Secrets to show up), favorable for the Goldilocks kids as they get to live normal lives with their parents (and Bruno's probably alive now), but unfavorable for the Scub (or so I would think).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
While I'm fine with the intrigue of the show this far I think it's focusing too much on it. Rewatching Eureka Seven along with this I find that it did a far better job on creating and developing its characters before delving into the environment / setting / and really digging into the plot.
E7 had double the episode count to work with. Its not exactly fair to compare their world building breath and character depths when you consider the disproportionate time resource of one over the other.