Thread: Licensed Shangri-La
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-11, 03:13   Link #76
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
This is the title from the April wave that has me the most exicted by far. Gonzo have not failed previously when creating something involving the epic talent of Range Murata. Please, please be made of win!

Have to say one of those females looks almsot the same as Lavie from Last Exile, who I utterly loved. Is this intentional, because in most of his works, there's always a girl/woman that looks virtually the same as Lavie. Not that I'm complaining though. That cover of ROBOT issue 1 is just pure divinity.
Agreed with everything you said! April can't get here soon enough. I'm begging for this to rock.

Yeah, it's probably intentional he seems to like that female look with the short hair, I've seen it in a number of his stand alone illustrations as well, and Lavie was indeed awesome. The other two designs that makes me think back to my fond memories of Last Exile and likely styles that Murata likes to draw since I've seen variations on them, are the one who looks somewhat like Alvis, but older, the girl with the stuffed animal, Karin. And Kunihiko, who I hope somehow is as likeable as Mullin was since he's got a headstart looking somewhat like him.

Mikuni's look in the outline sketch kind of reminds me of the little sister from Samurai 7 who was hilarious bossing around Kikuchiyo heh.

I'm very curious how the "captainy" guy is going to look colored since I don't know much about the story and who he is going to be.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote