View Single Post
Old 2011-04-21, 16:14   Link #123
Angelmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
You're missing the point. I posted several times, wondering why she didn't ask, why no one asked, "Why don't we just wish all witches away?" I dunno about everyone else, but that was the first thing that came to my mind.

It was meant to be a simple question, a starting point to finding out all the intricacies of the system, then thinking about how one could fix/change it.

And whatdoyaknow, that's exactly what happened. We know now why no limits were ever put on the wish system... because a wish was used for the solution. Which means, yes, all of this could have been solved in episode 2.

Edit: And sounds like a Mai Hime ending, heh. There were those who didn't like that kind of ending, so I wonder how they feel about this? It also sounds like it is turning into a more standard MG world, so it's not so much a deconstruction, as a simple creation of yet-another-MG-series.
The wish system could have solved everything at the very beginning, yes, but Madoka did not know the wish to wish for. Thus she could not have broken the system if she didn't know she needed to make a wish to break it. It was "perfect" in the beginning in her eyes, drawing her costume in he rnotebook and being a ~*~hero~*~.
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote