View Single Post
Old 2008-06-25, 16:04   Link #1040
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
You have to understand that we have many different translators (or had, since right now I am the only active as it seems) and some prefer skipping ahead "because it is more interesting". And the translator that you mentioned was one of those skippers. i never skipped chapters and always translated the next one I could (I do not translate volume 5 chapter 2 because I know that vertiful still plans to go back to translating sometime, besides the whole chapter isn't that important to the story one way or another).

So it is not like we are doing the volumes in order now, because again I always did volumes in order it is just that we have many translators and some of them prefer random jumps.

I was always against those random jumps by the way, but still translation even if it is of a random chapter is still better that none, right?

And again you are discussing the plot of volume 4. and as I said the plot was ok, the problem was how it was written. The sentences felt sometimes too choppy and short or sometimes too long, sometimes the meaning was very hard to trace and some dialogues (like Montmorency's) felt too forced, not really blending with a real character.

As for the plot and scenes - they were pretty nice, but the way it was written it was really one of the worst volumes in ZnT novels...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote