View Single Post
Old 2012-12-11, 23:21   Link #235
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don’t know guys, but I’m a bit worried about this movie. Many critics (if not most) said that the story in this 1st movie is stretched out to unbelievable level it messes up the pacing. There’s also complain about the VFX (which is A LOT in this, according to critics) being underwhelming and as detached from real environment as Star Wars prequels’ VFX. Now that one sounds bad to me. I mean, I don’t mind it in movie like Speed Racer since it was intended and fits the nature of the movie, but (assuming those critics are spot on) a TLOTR prequel with VFX as bad as SW prequel is really discouraging to me (even ignoring the whole “48 fps makes all look fake and cheap” issue). I might not want to spend my cash on the tickets and just see it when it hits BD or online. Still, I’ll be waiting for reviews from people here to get some more input before deciding .
The length stretching being a problem is not something that surprises me, and if its that noticeable they should have kept it at 2 movies, stupid greedy studios. /sigh. Maybe they have enough to make 3 movies, but they should have started from scratch like that and not changed halfway through. Although in retrospect, the first Hobbit movie will be the same as the Fellowship, it kinda went nowhere, and I know I heard quite a few people go "that it?" when I saw it.

Oh well, won't stop me going to see it, but bugger 3d, stupid gimmick that it is.

Only thing I've had a quibble with is Bombur (I think) in some of the shots, I cant decide if he looks like an oiled up fat man or plastic. Probably depends on the lighting.