View Single Post
Old 2007-02-05, 12:24   Link #137
Raniie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
(...)
1)Why she said she didn't know the name nor the class of the person she's trying to meet? Yes, she could have lied, but other than the illness, I don't see a reason why she needed to lie about that to a person she just met the second time;

If you can give a convincing answer to those 3 questions, then I will accept that she's there to see Kaori.

'Cause that store is known to sell weird stuff toys, and that crab is weird indeed. How often do you see a crab stuff toy (and a big one too)?
As evidence be my witness. Shiori DID lied to Yuuichi for your point #1. Go watch episode 13; timestamp 6:15 - 6:18.

Yuuichi: Hey, there's a girl in my class with the same last name as you. Misaka Kaori.
Shiori: Yuuichi-san, you're in the same class as my sister?

As the dialogue continues, Shiori continues to be dishonest to Yuuichi. You can see it in the reaction of her face. Now take note of the scene where she said "I love my sister." and where she's looking at. She was looking at her sister from a distance as she said that. At time stamp 7:34+ you'll see Kaori looking at Shiori and Yuuichi talking at the courtyard.

So Skane stand corrected . Shiori DOES know what class Kaori is in.

I mean, heck, go revisit episode 17; timestamp 12:22 Even when Shiori is looking for Yuuichi this time and went to his class room. She was looking at Kaori instead of him. Shiori was mainly using Yuuichi as a stepladder to get closer to Kaori. As Skane stated before. Shiori's goal is Kaori, not Yuuichi. This isn't a harem series damnit!

Shiori's first visit to the court yard was because of her sister, Kaori. NOT because of hoping to see Yuuichi. If it wasn't for Jun pointing it out for Yuuichi. Shiori wouldn't have an encounter with him nor would Yuuichi. Kaori made a promise to eat lunch with Shiori at that area, we learn this in episode 18. In episode 3, where we saw her first visit, Shiori went to the courtyard was reflecting back on Kaori's promise and her reason for being there. She was looking at her sister's class room when she was standing out there. It was thanks to the Yuuichi and Ayu's encounter, that made her go there, but it was not because in hopes to see Yuuichi, but in hopes for her sister to take notice of her for being out there.

What occured that day where she met Yuuichi and Ayu was the very simple things she has been yearning for from her sister. She wants to be able to do the same thing, that Yuuichi and Ayu showed her, with Kaori.

It was just a coincidence that Yuuich end up in the same class room. If Kaori was in a different class room or Yuuichi for that matter, he would've never met Shiori there again nor was Shiori specifically looking for him. There was really no reason for her to, she wouldn't know where to start if she did.

Shiori wasn't a very honest person at the begining, which is why she said a lot of misleading things and managed to confused a lot of viewers.

So yes, Skane is correct that Shiori first visit was for her sister, Kaori.

Kinda late backing you up Skane, but better later than not at all, eh? :P

Last edited by Raniie; 2007-02-05 at 18:00.