Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTime View Post
Well, thanks anyway.

I'll try to solve the problem myself then ^ ^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Well, the group did say that May 21 and 22 weren't perfect... Maybe that's one of the bugs they were talking about?
You have been the victim of understatement! As far as I know perfection is not on the itinerary. Not unless we get those life-extension shots.

I'm filling up too much space with my wall of text, but in regards to any questions about milestones, releases, patches, mistakes in snapshots and the like, maybe this will put it in perspective:

The Kanon patch was very recently released. I have no idea how refined it is, if it's "done" or just "released." There's a subtle distinction. Do any of you have idea how long I've been waiting for the English patch? It sure seems like at least five years. And I haven't even downloaded it yet.

In all that time I never once asked when it would be done. I played the partial release until the characters went funny again but even though I emailed Haeleth a few times to get info about the tools he developed for the translation and asked for help when I needed it, I never asked about when the rest of the patch was going to come out. It didn't really occur to me to ask.

So in many ways, it's probably my fault that it's only now, all these years later that we can all finally play Kanon in English. I guess it's ironic that here I am again. I wonder if I can break that five year personal best!

Enough from me for now, what do I know? But keep up your enthusiasm for LB, and keep wishing with all your might that the LB/LB EX translation gets done.

It will happen; it's just a question of time.

But for now, why not try the Kanon translation and be sure to let the fine people at ndt know that they have proven that dreams really do come true. Collaborative efforts like that are amazing. Why do people do it?

Whatever their reasons, people like that get a ton of respect from me, for what it's worth.