Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-13, 06:27   Link #24
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Ah, thank you very much Keroko for telling me this, but I personally moused over one of the tanks at my base camp and found it to be a T1 tank, so I can count him as a leecher. But I'll be more aware of how artillery players play atleast but one-shot by a light tank... That is pretty fragile indeed..
Well, it is pretty important to defend your base as well. Everyone blindly rushing towards the enemy base just leaves yours open for a capture. I wouldn't go as far as to claim everyone who stays behind as being a leecher. Defenders are more important then you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I wouldn't say one hit per-say as from watching in spectator I seen a few of the mobile artillery types (mostly T57's) take a fair kicking so it probably just depends how far down the upgrade tree your SPG is.
Well, that's true, the higher tiers aren't insta-killed. But their health and armor still pales in comparison to other tanks.

Let me rephrase then, when equal tier, artillery gets one-shot nearly every single time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
From all the tanks I seen sitting in the base most where medium/light tanks with the actual artillery units either moving further back behind the base or into the corner of the map.
IMO this is a wrong strategy to play, unless the enemy is actually pushing you back. If you sit in the corner as artillery, you can barely hit half the screen, which means you can't support your team when they push. Personally, I drive forwards when the game starts, find a place to hide close to our base and watch how the battle goes. If our team starts pushing, I support them by blasting away some of the tanks holding them back and advance when they do (though still staying behind the frontlines). If they're driving us back, I support them by providing covering fire and helping to stop the advance. That's when I might consider a tactical retreat backwards.

Moving forwards also allows you to take out the enemy artillery, which is usually too distracted shooting at the advancing front-line and leave themselves wide open.

Bottomline is, going to the back of your base is just limits your range. An artillery that can't hit the enemy is as useless as a leecher.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote