View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 18:10   Link #980
Kirarakim

I actually did like Korra's character and thought she showed a lot of promise. For one thing she was flawed (definitely more so than a lot of the female characters in the original series except maybe Katara).

She rushed into things without thinking them through, she relied on strength and thought her bending was the answer to everything, & she put so much worth on herself solely about being the Avatar.

Unfortunately at the end of the series I don't really see how any of this has changed. And if it did the series did a really horrible job at showing it.

I mean there were so many opportunities. If Korra could have found an answer to the conflict between benders/non-benders that didn't involve bending/fighting that would have been amazing.

Heck even at the end if Korra understood there is more that makes her important than her bending and if she said she will make do with her friends I might have been more accepting of Aang giving her back her powers, because at least I would have seen that she learned something.

And the series makes it out that Korra losing her bending is so horrible, when Asami just got dumped and had her father try to kill her. It certainly doesn't help matters.

It also really doesn't help when the rest of the characters are so flat. I am fine with Bolin being comic relief...but why can't he be more than that. All the characters in ATLA could make me laugh hysterically, but I cared about them all deeply as well & they all grew as characters.

Mako as I said previously is just the worst because the story doesn't even acknowledge that he is doing anything wrong. Instead he has two girls after him (and I can't even explain it) and somehow gets to be a great fighter.

And the whole romance thing with Korra/Mako/Asami was just horrible. It's just the worst possible love triangle. We don't even really see why Mako & Korra care about each other, before they jump into a triangle. Why not develop the relationships between the characters first and then start on a romance, but to start it off with a love triangle immediately is just silly.

I think the best part of the finale was the Amon/Tarrlok back story but I wish the story actually explained why Amon thought bending was evil. Tarrlok saying he must really believe what he says, is not enough for me personally.

And heck couldn't they at least explain how blood bending can take someone's bending away? That still makes no sense to me. But to Korra's credit I will say Amon was a much better villain than Ozai.

edit: And after that long rant they just announced another comic series focusing on Zuko's mom

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=39354

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-06-25 at 18:52.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote