View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 18:24   Link #51
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Didn't Ryuuken say he was the 'Only one worthy to bear the title of the Last Quincy'?
He may very well have. With my faulty memory, I'm sure you might very well be remembering it better than me. So I stand open for correction and I apologize if I may have taken it out of context.

Quote:
I dare hope there is actually a reason for Ryuuken to tell Ishida to not associate with the shinigami, which could be that his family would be targeted if it was seen meddling.
Good point. Perhaps the only question I want answered more than this is why Ryuuken insists on not following his own advice (since he's obviously still in contact with Isshin). Perhaps he makes an exception because for all intents and purposes, Isshin still has remained unassociated with the Gotei 13 despite getting his powers back. Although to be honest, I'm not sure if his identity as a shinigami is still a secret to the Gotei 13.
Quote:
It was never actually explained what Ishida Ryuuken was trying to protect (Uryuu thought it was money, if I recall), and his grandfather let the question go gloriously unanswered.
I forgot all about that. It's an interesting point.

*edit*
The thread for chapter 499 has been created. So do take notice of this fact before discussing spoilers regarding that chapter in this thread.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-07-04 at 00:48.