Thread: Licensed Tamako Market
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 17:20   Link #523
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's prob assumed that those 2 (Tamako and Mochizou) are going to get married. She's already asking for presents from the guy. No love triangle here so far.
Yeah, it's hard to imagine this series having any kind of serious love triangle, unless they move in a different direction than I expect. Probably just a lot of comic frustration for various characters, especially Mochizou (perhaps compounded by this prince the bird is looking a bride for?), but the compensation for Mochizou will be that he'll eventually get his girl--but probably off camera in the future. His awkward fondness for her is in the best anime traditions of shy adolescent romance (his drawer full of presents was a light-hearted counterpart to the poignant box of presents Kou Kitamura kept for Wakaba), and her asking him for a present was... interesting. It might be a throwaway remark for a childhood friend--or, more likely, a bit of boldness so well masked by an innocent-seeming cuteness that it reminded me of Chitanda--and that's before I saw Tamako with her hair down.

I for one appreciate that in its last two series, Kyoani has not given us tedious love triangles, even while giving us fairly well-done romantic plots (especially in Hyouka). With the big cast, and market and school settings, plus fantasy elements, my guess is that there will be little romance beyond the comic touches we saw here in this episode, but it'll be interesting to see how things go.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote