View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 00:37   Link #96
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
True enough, but instead of actually taking responsibility and doing something to help clear the game he's chilling out while fishing...I'm not exactly going to give the guy a thumbs up for that. Obviously not the only one who got fooled, but I just have an odd feeling about those who are just going on permanent vacation during this. Even if being on the front lines would be impossible for him could have taken up a skill/profession that would help people out. Don't really want to lay into him since it is true he was just as fooled as anyone. But still left with that uncomfortable feeling about this guy.
Well to be fair Nishida looked a bit up there when it comes to age. He's an old white collar worker in charge of system security. Bet he didn't really expect to play a game of death or even an ordinary MMO anyway. He may have work regarding system security but that doesn't automatically make him hardcore MMO gamer material. Sides fishing can be used to fill the virtual bellies of the players. He mentioned that he could catch but not actually cook them so what does he do w/ them? Throw them back into the wild? I'm guessing he sells them for profit to buy better lures and rods or something. Food can still be a valuable commodity and he could actually do something he likes. At least he's doing something unlike the ones in the starting city who only waited in their rooms chattering their teeth.

Spoiler for Comparison to the novels: