View Single Post
Old 2007-04-18, 19:14   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Since last Saimoe was for shows from July 1st 2005 to June 30th 2006, I believe we have now seen all the contenders for the upcoming SaiMoe tournament. I wonder who do you think will make it to Elite 8 and which anime series will be the dominant series this time. I think, when considering quality, quantity, and popularity, Kanon and Nanoha series will send multiple characters into Elite 8. For a dark horse series, the new series 'Sola' has attracted much attention, both positive and negative, and may do well, since the series will end very close to the start of the tournament. Hayate series can also be a dark horse, especially with super maid 'Maria'. The following are my elite 8 picks, in no particular order

1. Minase Natuki ( Kanon ) : many Nayuki fans want some form of validation
2. Misaka Shiori ( Kanon ) : Some claims her to be embodiment of moe
3. Reinforce ( Nanoha ) : many can't get enough of her. May create several new memes
4. Fate/Hayate/Nanoha ( Nanoha ) : at least one of them will make it, as they have dominated the Saimoe of the past.
5. Shihou Matsuri ( Sola ) : The animators are doing everything they can to make her appear moe
6. Siesta ( Zero no Tsukaima ) : Bath Tub scene. She also has multiple clones in other series like Shiori and Hagiwara Yukiho ( Idolmaster Xenoglossia ). Finally, it is almost unthinkable that there won't be a Horie Yui character in Elite 8.
7. C. C ( Code Geass ) : Pizza Hut?!
8. Somebody from Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru or Negima: Granted there are lots of quality characters in these series, but these series had their share of haters, and Negima characters are tweeners since they are neither loli( elementary school looking ) nor high schoolers, while the most famous characters from Otome is actually a he, and the best candidates ( Takako and Shion ) lacks screen time, so only one will likely make it here.
Finally read your post through and your list is missing the Rozen Maiden. I think Gin-Sama is going to be huge this year in Saimoe.

Saimoe 2007 could end being a 3rd year straight of Magical Loli vs Tusndere Dolls in the Finals.