View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 08:19   Link #1524
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There is another connection. Ange is Battler's sister.
-Ange is my younger sister.
So Battler should be Rudolf's son or Kyrie's son... unless you want to mindfuck this even more and question even Ange's parents.
That's initially what I thought at first too. However, back in Episode 3, Kyrie faces off against Leviathan, and tells her how her envy couldn't possibly rival what she had felt during those twelve years, when Asumu married Rudolf and conceived a baby, while Kyrie suffered a miscarriage. If there's another chance for meta-Battler to be born from either of these two women, then this should be the period.

To summarize once more, Meta-Battler is unable to claim he was born from Asumu, but has established his name as Kinzo's grandson. He is also able to successfully claim that he is Ange's brother.

Perhaps he is truly Rudolf's son, there shouldn't be any reason to doubt it (but I'm also being cautious about it too). However, I'm not really sure if Kyrie had given birth to him, unless she made the whole thing up (which I wouldn't put past Umineko, but as for now, it doesn't seem likely.) I believe that to go even further beyond this is to link it to the crime Beato speaks of, which there's admittedly not much to go on with at the moment. Hmm...

Another theory is...

(This is where I'll take you up on that offer. )

Ange : Come back quickly, Onii-chan!! Don't leave me all alone!!! It's me, Ange...!! No one came back, not Mom, not Dad, not you, Onii-chan!! I'm lonely!! I beg you, come back quickly! That's right, I'm Ange!! The Ange of the world where no one comes back...!! My entire family didn't come back from Rokkenjima on that day...!! The witch before your eyes stole my whole family, even you, Onii-chan...! Only you can finish her, Onii-chan!! Finish her, Onii-chan...!! And take our family back!! Then, ......come back to me......!!!

Now, I need someone fluent in Japanese to confirm this, but perhaps the reason why it's possible for Battler to claim that he is indeed her brother because 'brother' also means 'Onii-Chan' and that 'Onii-Chan' doesn't necessarily have to refer to a person who is blood-related. (Oh boy...) This is quite different from being made to say 'I was born from Ushiromiya Asumu' as it's a direct confirmation that he is of the same blood. It is also indeed a mind-screwing theory, not like we needed to add it onto the many piles already, but there's always that possibility and if it did happen, then you heard it here first.

And yes, it's possible for his appearance to be changed during that growth spurt, so it shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. However, the only people who could fully acknowledge Battler's appearance would be his parents, Rudolf and Kyrie. I'm assuming that the time before the crime happened six years ago, and after, there was nothing out of the ordinary with Rudolf's family, seeing how I'm sure there will be quite a fuss if there's suddenly a different looking Battler popping up on their doorstep.

Unless Rudolf, or Kyrie, has something to hide. I believe that Rudolf knows more than he lets on, given by his dialogue, when he tells Battler he's going to die tonight, suggests that he at least has a decent understanding of the twilights. In fact, he may be the only one out of the family, apart from Maria, who knows of this (and to an extent, maybe Kyrie, but I can't remember much about her in Episode 1, and if I'm mistaken, please feel free to correct this.)

This, as well as how the game had never once mentioned how Asumu died, and had given a rough estimate of her time of death, around the same year where Rudolf proposes to Kyrie? It's certainly incensed meta-Battler enough to forsake the family name. This also takes place in the same year that this crime had occurred, and someone had died due to this crime. (I have reasons for believing that the twilights play a huge role in this, but that's another issue.) Could Asumu have died as a result of Battler's crime?

The thing is, and I agree with you on this, is that the main problem lies in Battler's memories. He was assuming that this crime relates to his abandonment of the family name, and yet, we also know that there was something that he had forgotten, and this is why Beato had grieved. So I really wouldn't put much weight on what he says regarding those six years for now, not because he may be lying, but because what he wholeheartedly and confidently believes in during those six years may in fact be limited, and there's something more in the bigger picture that he's not able to see, yet. To reiterate, I believe that Kyrie, Rudolf, and last but not least, Asumu, are heavily involved with this more than what the game lets on, but that's all I have at the moment. (On that note, if I'm not wrong, there is also a small bit where Beato theorized that it had something to do with the family inheritance, but I can't remember the exact quote.)

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5
Back on the topic of episode 4... does anyone have an inkling of just what the hell Ange saw in the captain's house?
Fabulous Mackerel.

Last edited by cheesie; 2009-06-18 at 10:27.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote