View Single Post
Old 2013-05-27, 22:24   Link #75
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Just out of curiosity aohige, do you know how many assistants Oda has working with him right now if any at all?
Dunno how many, but he does have assistants. I doubt any more or less than average, probably half a dozen or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm actually inclined to agree with philip72 in that Oda's work schedule may be exaggerated. I thought that as of recently Oda only slept 3 hours a night, but now Aohige is saying that was during the production of film Z and weekly serialization. That means that his work schedule has gotten more manageable as of late. He works hard no doubt, but I sense some embellishment into these claims.
I'm sure it's manageable now, but he continues to do more outside work than what's expected of a mangaka.
And that's exactly why I think Shuueisha should rethink about lending him to Toei again.
The problem with One Piece is, the franchise relies on Oda himself's work too much - there's money gained when he's involved, so it's a tug-of-war.

Weekly serialization is the cream of the crop in manga field.
Most mangaka cannot even manage the workload on weekly basis, hell, some can't even on monthly basis.