Thread: Licensed Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 21:07   Link #694
Sol Falling

So the old friend ended up being Y after all. I guess that makes sense considering the original novels' continuity, if this arc (vol. 5) was the first to introduce her and then vol. 6 followed up with the manga arc. I must admit I'm disappointed however if this ep. was to say that was truly the last time she ever saw Curly-chan. People say that the "point" of this episode was to reveal the ugly undersides of people lurking beneath the surface, but if ugliness were all there were to it what was the point of reconciling with the Wild Rose society, or the two years they spent together afterwards?

All in all, I didn't particularly feel like this second episode really brought together all the lines/story elements it was trying to deal with in a conclusive manner, so it was a bit of a disappointment. What exactly was the Fairy's secret tea party? Why were there a ton of old robots sitting around in a hidden part of the school building?

As for the show as a whole, it has definitely been interesting to follow along, and worth watching, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece or anything. In particular, a number of its arcs managed to be massively entertaining (eps 1-2, 7-8, and also 9), but even at the end I can't quite say I've got a solid grasp of the real point (or theme) of this series. A bit more rigour or consistency would've been appreciated. Why fujoshi/the doujinshi subculture? Why personifications of Pioneer and Voyager returning home? Why a beautified, secretly psychotic elegant school society? If only to solidify my understanding of the bigger picture, I would really love to (be able to) read the original novels, or get to see further unanimated arcs.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote