View Single Post
Old 2009-09-07, 22:07   Link #1228
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Again SD Gundam G Generation Spirits/Wars surprises me. This time I was playing the Char's Counterattack scenario and everything is as expected, I'm in the RE-GZ battling Gyunei, then everyone retreats Amuro goes and gets the Nu Gundam and shows up just in time to help Adenaur Paraya's ship reach the Ra Cailum and fend off an attack by Rezin Schneider's Geara Doga team. That's the first stage...then the second stage comes and CHANGE PLACES!

Suddenly I'm Neo Zeon for the second stage and playing the scenario from their side trying to fend off the missile attack from the Ra Cailum. The scenario ends under these conditions with you playing as Char having a final duel with Amuro and also taking out the Ra Cailum, but of course it's too late and Amuro does his thing as his last act to push Axis away. I expected to be able to S Rank the guest Nu Gundam and get it as a produceable unit in the second stage, but it seems that's just not possible and that it's required to be done in the first stage. Oh well, I still got the Sazabi out of it. I get the sense the game likes to have you play the winner of each conflict, which is why in 0080's 2 stage scenario you play the Cyclops team first and then CHANGE PLACES and play as Christina Mackenzie in the Alex against the Cyclops team. I'm trying to think what other stories might have this aspect too them, but honestly I think it's kind of neat. Gives you a chance to experience more than one side of a conflict from that point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post

on a side note I got GGen wars for wii and it is quite fun.. but harder than SRW XD
kinda of funny that you can trade strike noirs for freedom and justice.

Yeah the key difference between SRW and GGen is that one is a super robot oriented strategy game that plays super, while the other is a real robot oriented game that plays like an actual Gundam battle would. That means a lot of one shots, unlucky hits, lucky hits, lucky dodges and even matchups. Since a lot of the units have the same weaponary and the difference between a grunt unit and a specialized unit is noticeable, but nowhere near an overwhelming deciding factor you have to play safe and smart. In SRW it's okay to send a Zeorymer out into the open to tank everything that gets thrown at it and reply on the next turn with an overpowered map attack, but in SD Gundam sending even your best unit out into the open without support is almost guaranteed to get it shot down unless you have a really good pilot in it and you are very lucky.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote