View Single Post
Old 2010-08-17, 20:12   Link #284
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
I liked Episode 7.

I took it for what it was, a telling of the possible solution, which should involve love, told from the perspective of someone who has no love.

If you look at the tea party, you can see it is very similar to a lot of earlier theories, before Ryukishi dropped the 'without love' hint.

It is like a video game summary. If you are talking about a video game that you love, you'll be able to more effectivly summarize it, you'll use a lot of positive words, and you'll be able to talk about it for a long time.

On the other hand, someone who dislikes that same game might give a very broad description, use negative terms, and go on for a bit less about it. However, that doesn't mean what he said is any less true then the person who liked it. He simply had a 'skewed' view on it. He wouldn't tell outright lies like "The main character is 'x'" when in fact the main character is 'y'. And he wouldn't say, 'It's a platformer' when in fact it's an RPG.

The Kakeras that are so prominent on the story aren't limitless. There are fragements for every 'possible' choice, but there can't be an 'impossible' choice.

For example, there wouldn't be a fragment where Ange, who is only 6 years old and wasn't on the island, could carry out such a murder. But, there may be a fragment where Asumu never existed, so in effect, Ange is 18 years old, and she would be capable of carrying out the murders.

This is even the case in Higurashi. In Higurashi, Rika could go very far back, but as her powers weakened, she could go back less and less.

So it should be assumed that, the further back things are changed, the more power is needed. Bern originally might not have been able to do this, but with Featherine's power, it was probably possible to go far back enough to find a kakera where Natsuhi decided to keep the child.

So, while this may be directed by contrived minds, that doesn't mean it's completly full of crap either. It is one of the possibilities. The important point is to compare and contrast it to other episodes to find what might have changed and use that as a guide.

As for the epitaph. For one thing, Kinzo, throughout the entire story, has always stressed 'taking huge risks, to make a miracle happen'. He may have well been aware that his other children would solve the Epitaph. But he took that risk to make a miracle happen, one where he would be forgiven by Beatrice 3.

And I would hardly call Genji's hint 'cheating', but it was more like 'evening the playing field'. After all, as you said Renall, all the parents already knew he was from Taiwan. Claire/Beatrice 3 on the other hand, did not know this. She was not getting any extra information, she got the information that the other siblings had since the start.

I should also say that while I believe Shkanontrice is possible, I am also not 100% behind it yet, so I simply think it is a possibility, while making my own theories.

The reason Shkanon is hardly played in the 'truth' is because it should NOT be being played. In that situation, the Epitaph was solved, therefore, Beatrice no longer has anything to do with it. While I agree there are strange points about her actions, there was no reason for her to be involved and hinted to be Shkanon, when in fact, she wouldn't be killing people.

Do not forget, when the epitaph is solved, Beatrice is no longer responsible for the killings (atleast not directly).

It's true not everything in this story should be taken as "Hey, all the answers!" but it also shouldn't be taken as "Hey, these are all wrong!"