View Single Post
Old 2008-03-08, 18:33   Link #44
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRayCool View Post
Still, even though Jun sort of forced Shin into going out with Noe, it wouldn't have been possible if Shin and Hiromi weren't willing to go through with it. Shin tried getting Hiromi and Jun to get together while Hiromi never denied Jun's "advances" until episode 10. Likewise, I don't think Shin is cold enough to use Noe as a bargaining chip... he did convince himself, somewhat, that he liked Noe and that going out with her was the right thing to do at the time.

While Jun played the role of instigator, it was Shin's indecisiveness and Hiromi's emo-ness that got his plan rolling. I do agree that Jun got a bit of what he deserved (plan backfired), but I also think his plan wouldn't have worked at all if Shin and Hiromi weren't so annoyingly unsure of their own feelings. I kind of find the situation similar to a TA getting ragged on by a professor for stupid students not getting their class material. Sure, TA may be to blame for not being a good teacher, but blame the kids too for just being dumb, haha.
To me it was a perfect storm where the lie originally told by Shin's mother created the situation where Shin and Hiromi were vulnerable to manipulation. It was fresh on Shin and Hiromi's minds in episodes 7 and 8. It affected their ability to act more decisively in regards to what they really want to do. Since episode 9 removed that obstacle the show is now focusing on how messy it is to extricate themselves from entanglements caused by misunderstandings.