Thread: Halo: 4
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 19:04   Link #797
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Is that why Travis is taking it so personally?
Based on the fact that Travis personally involved herself in online flame wars over how many Clone Troopers there were (her book said there were 3 million, people argued that was totally insufficient for fighting a galactic war), I'd say that's very likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It falls into that whole ethics about the experiments performed by the Nazis during WWII. They made great strides in science but at the cost of human lives so yeah it is hypocritical. You can't go and treat and talk down someone as a war criminal when your walking around using all of the benefits that came from that person's "ethical" work.
I'd say Halsey has at least some moral high ground over Nazi scientists. They were doing unethical research to solely benefit a specific group (Aryans). Halsey did her unethical research to benefit the entire human race...and created super soldiers that DID proceed to actively protect the human race. This doesn't absolve Halsey of anything, but it should put things in perspective.

No. What personally irritates me about the setup? It's not that people call Halsey out on what she did. It's because all the people who call her out so vehemently are the same black ops "ends justifies the means" spooks. Parangosky okay'ed turning armies of orphaned kids into Spartans "for the greater good". Ossman went and propped up an Elite insurgency against the Elite faction that wanted to be friendly with humanity "for the greater good". And frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Palmer carried out some downright dirty shit, "for the greater good" of course.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote