View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 12:00   Link #831
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Actually, the fact that you have arrived at that thought at all is a suggestion of paranoia.

It wasn't even hinted in the novel that Asuna had even the slightest inclination of romance towards Heathcliff. Before falling in love with Kirito, she was a clearing monster who oversees her guild with strictness and cold, hard efficiency, with the only focus being clearing the game as soon as possible. There's no room for romance for her before Kirito came along, and after he did, well, you've seen how that turn out.

Heathcliff, on the other hand, might have crush on her. That, I'd like to see :P

And really, there's no need to worry about fillers for the 24 episodes at all. The novel itself is full of fillers. We have the whole Volume 1 and 2, in which volume 1 is already very long and eventful. There's also another side-story from volume 8, and then there's other unpublished side-stories as well. Including the one that was published recently, I can count at least 7.

To be honest, I'm more worried that they would actually try to cramp both SAO arc and ALO arc into 24 episodes. The ALO arc itself spanned 2 books, so it will take 10 to 12 episodes to air it all. That's already half of the total 24, but there are many details from the books that I don't want them to omit just for the sake of keeping it to 2 seasons.
You call me paranoid because I said that there was a hint of something, but you aren't for thinking that Heathcliff might have had something for Asuna?

Eitherway, it's mute... we'll figure it out later when they air the series.

Also, if it'll take 10 -12 episodes for the 2 volume ALO arc, then it should only take about that much to tell the 2 volume SAO arc as well... It's not pushing it to condense the series like that. There is a ton of stuff in both arcs that don't have to be there at all. They can get rid of more than a few places and scenes and still have the series be awesome... I just believe that the ending of volume 4 [ALO arc end] was a 1000 times better ending than the ending of the SAO arc. It felt and read more complete...
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote