View Single Post
Old 2006-03-18, 20:51   Link #98
Nomad Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Um, both me and Tsurumaru DO know japanese, and HAVE bought and read all the japanese tokubans.
Actually, my message wasn't adressed at you or Tsurumaru, but rather those who automatically ask for scanlations the moment they realize they can't get the series the easy way.

Quote:
Maybe if we make scanlations, it'll help repopularize the series enough for dark horse to change its mind...
See, that's where I disagree. Narutaru is and was never a series with wide appeal. Even with the anime series being distributed in the USA, the manga still sells poorly. What makes you think scanlations could change that? How about you start an online petition to gauge how many readers are willing to pay to see the series being continued first?

On the other hand, if you just want to help people find out what happens next, text summaries or text scripts will work just fine, don't you think?

Quote:
But simply doing nothing guarrentees that it'll never be published in english period. And that doesn't help anyone.
Last I checked, nobody asked for help (well, nobody besides those who want to read the rest of the series for free). Let's face it, NT had its chance in America and it sucked. I highly doubt DH or any other publisher would risk picking it up again (unless some editor-in-chief takes it under his wing).