Thread: Dead Space 3
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 05:06   Link #97
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Pretty much the best weapon you want for close crowd encounters is the Diffraction Torus, which in Dead Space 1 and 2 was the alt-fire for the Contact Beam. It's murder on Feeders.

Right now I'm trying to make up upgrades for my Evangelizer and Negotiator. I played DS and DS2 before playing DS3, and took out both final bosses using the Contact Beam. I'm hoping to do the same here, so that's what I'm replacing the Negotiator with. Contact Beam + Pulse Rifle, so far. The Evangelizer's replacement right now is a Bullpup Rifle + Diffractor Torus, and neither of them are ready to replace my current weapons.
My personal favorite weapon started out as a subweapon but soon became my main firemode. The galvanizer (military machine+directed suspenion field) is just a simple (and kinda boring) burst-fire submachine gun but damn it never let me down, contrary to pretty much any other weapon I tried, which all either had a too small clip or didn't have the necessary attackspeed in close situations.
I pumped it up with [+2dam/+2 clip] upgrades to get a 60shot clip - you rarely have to reload even in long fights if your aim is right. However it's good for spraying and praying as well.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote