Thread: Licensed Genshiken 2 (Nidaime)
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-11, 10:29   Link #279
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
Hmm... strangely, i'd sort of give Keiko an advantage at the moment if she actually made with the wooing. When taken as a person and a romantic interest i think she's probably the most approachable of the four because she's a familiar, understandable sort of 'alien.' She's a 'normal' and a bit of an underachiever who stands out mostly for being slightly pathetic but not giving up. They don't share many interests but they can banter comfortably without feeling threatened (most of the time.) The main issue here is that it's hard to gauge her level of interest and it's hard for her to shake the 'minor character' stigma given that she's almost never around.
I've always had this soft-spot for the "ko-gal falling for the nerd she made fun of" trope.
Not for some wish fulfillment fantasies, but simply because I find the "odd couple" formula dawwwww inducing.

One of my favorite was the bully girl falling in love with the bullied nerd (who manned up) in GTO. One of my all time fave couple.

But as much as I like Keiko, Hato's ever increasing feminine side is also fascinating, and would love to see the manga take a serious route with it as well.