View Single Post
Old 2004-04-26, 01:52   Link #43
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Actually its very logical if you actually gave it a thought. What advantages does the PC have over the console? Flexabitiy, options, harddrive space, more to work with. If the PC verison has all the advantages (meaning you meet the requirements). Then why buy the PS2 verison? Infact you can play the PC verison with a PS2 controller, that's what it was meant to be played with - the console. So if the PC verison was so more superior to the console verison, a lot of people would of probably go for the PC verison, me being one of them, why waste my money on the inferior product(console)? Common sense. The whole "Not everyone owns a top of the line PC" arguement has no standing, since my intial question was which would you buy. NOW, SquareEnix knows about the whole PC thing with some people and decided to make it on the console as well. Lets face real facts, PS2 (a console) cannot imitate a PC to its fullest, and so they decided to keep everything on "equal" grounds, meaning using the PS2 as the standard and attempting to re-create it in the PC verison, and keeping both as close together as possible. I mean PS2 players and PC players share the same servers, so a lot of the main game fundementals, the core-system as to be the same. Because if both were so vastily different, there would be two seperate servers.
Ok, JubeiYamazaki I have read your statement and have given it some "thought" as you advised, and i used my helpful, logical thinking into what you've said. And all I can say is "What the hell are you rambling about?" I think you're just getting yourself deeper into your own dung. What you're saying makes absolutely no real sense and is all based on mumbo jumbo.

Ok, I understand your way of thinking, you think that 'BECAUSE' there is a FFXI PC and FFXI PS2, they are somehow magically gameplay incompatible and that they ~must~ be equal in order to satisfy the customers. Am I right? Because some people have/like PS2s and some people have/like PCs! Ok, that sounds about right. Square wants the public to enjoy the game equally, so they limit freedom on the PC.

Now, can you use 'YOUR' all-mighty or however you describe yourself, logical thinking and tell me why Square would instead of taking a step forward, take a step backwards. They are not making the PS2 players happy, obviously because they practically have no freedom @ all except the little joypad, and they are not making the PC players happy because they are limiting their gameplay. So basically, in the end, you just made up a lotta crap to give a reason to persuade PC players to 'not' purchase the game because most possibly you think lowly of the game because you did not get what you wanted. Is that right? Because thats obviously wrong because no one is ~that~ stupid.. right?

Also, the FF series is 'not' a PS2 game. It is not 'meant' to be on anything, PS2 is just a way of delivering it to the public. The first FF's, and FF7,FF8 are all on PC as well. I guess I debunked your theory for this one..

If you did not enjoy the freedom given to you on the PC, no need to exagerate it, you could of easily said that the freedom of the keyboard were not what you had expected and that you do not know how the game is, on the PS2 console because you have not yet tried it.

I think we would all be happy with a reponse like that, we got agree or disagree. As simple as that. Rather you made up some fiction and cause a great load of crap. Remember this nxt time, cause i'm tired of typing like this.

Does all this make me hopeless? because i like to be hopeful.