View Single Post
Old 2010-01-20, 01:29   Link #988
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
How do you get around the red texts of EP6? Don't give me the "Erika doesn't exist" because it makes even less sense than the "characters count as people" theory. In her case we have a confirmation that she exists in flesh and bones, and so does Battler. Not to mention that Erika is Bern's piece and it would be utterly stupid for Bern not to tell Erika about this vital particular.
  • Someone doesn't exist. Maybe Erika, maybe not, it doesn't explicitly have to be her. But there's no reason it has to be Shannon or Kanon.
  • Someone dies before Erika arrives any time she survives (or at least in this episode). She is the 18th person, but she is never present when there are 17 people there other than her.
  • The red is a semantic trick on someone's part. Both Erika and Battler/Beato's statements are red, so this suggests both are true. In order for both to be true, something is up with the red. I don't buy "Erika subjectively believed she was the 18th person," because Battler believed subjectively that he was Asumu's son and he was not capable of saying that in red. Erika believed, and stated, that she was the 18th person; she was correct. Battler and Beatrice stated there are only 17 people total; they are correct. In a certain sense, Erika's statement is anti-Shkanon. Or at least it could be, if we knew what the red statements really meant.
  • Someone doesn't count as a full person. I wouldn't know why.
Quote:
Also the "I can state I have 2 apples if have 3" is pretty lame, because it completely trivialize the killer red text that ends EP6, not to mention there wouldn't be any reason for Battler and Beatrice to lie to a dying Erika.
Well, it's hardly my idea. AuAu seems to more or less mention it directly. That doesn't mean it was used as a trick at any point, but it could have been.

EDIT: My math is funny today. 16/17/18 tomfoolery abounds.