View Single Post
Old 2010-01-20, 04:49   Link #992
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Or it doesn't apply except to episodes where his viewpoint is unreliable, as Erika doesn't exist in the episodes before Chiru.
I don't like that explanation. We're supposed to be getting at least some answers to the original four arcs, not messing around with things that Bern introduced to 'win' faster.

Quote:
And nothing specifically precludes Battler thinking he's seen someone he actually was deceived by. Granted, Shannon and Kanon are the only example of this that I'm immediately aware of, but I imagine with a little stupid dancing around the point you could make up a theory where someone else is being impersonated.
There's about no way. Consider the family dinner in Ep1... everyone on the island except for Kanon, Genji, and Kinzo is in that room... and Genji is seen with too many other family members at other times to be impersonated by anyone. Then there's Battler finding the corpse of every single person in Ep4 except for Kanon's...

If you're to accept that Battler's viewpoint is reliable and that someone doesn't exist, it has to be Kanon.

There's no other answer that makes sense with what Battler sees.

Quote:
Blithely accepting Shkanon like it's the answer and resolves everything is a trap and I'm not going to fall for it. It's just too obviously being dangled out there in front of us.
"There are no longer hints, but confessions." Honestly, I'd expect this kind of reveal from what's probably the second-to-last arc.

And, well, it DOES answer a lot of stuff. Remember how Umineko is supposed to be solvable? There ought to be one elegant solution, and the fanbase just might have stumbled across a piece of it we weren't supposed to find for a long time.

...Just a question: Why are you so adamantly opposed to the theory?