View Single Post
Old 2010-01-20, 10:18   Link #995
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
  • Someone doesn't exist. Maybe Erika, maybe not, it doesn't explicitly have to be her. But there's no reason it has to be Shannon or Kanon.
  • Someone dies before Erika arrives any time she survives (or at least in this episode). She is the 18th person, but she is never present when there are 17 people there other than her.
  • The red is a semantic trick on someone's part. Both Erika and Battler/Beato's statements are red, so this suggests both are true. In order for both to be true, something is up with the red. I don't buy "Erika subjectively believed she was the 18th person," because Battler believed subjectively that he was Asumu's son and he was not capable of saying that in red. Erika believed, and stated, that she was the 18th person; she was correct. Battler and Beatrice stated there are only 17 people total; they are correct. In a certain sense, Erika's statement is anti-Shkanon. Or at least it could be, if we knew what the red statements really meant.
  • Someone doesn't count as a full person. I wouldn't know why.

Well, it's hardly my idea. AuAu seems to more or less mention it directly. That doesn't mean it was used as a trick at any point, but it could have been.

EDIT: My math is funny today. 16/17/18 tomfoolery abounds.
I answer in order

-Maybe Erika? Let me get this straight, you use the reds from episode3 as a way to deny the shkannon theory but you think it is possible that the so much better worded reds about Erika existence might be bypassed?
Is there really any logic hint or whatsoever to think that someone is more probable to not exist than Kanon or Shannon, other than the fact you don't want to believe it?

-How is that better than the idea that either kanon or Shannon died before the game? Your claim is that you can find better explanations for the EP6 reds than the EP3 reds, so I expect a different logic, if they are equal I don't get your point.

-So you are still thinking that there are 17 persons? You must believe that Ryukishi is a very poor writer to use a completely inane and false statement as the killer ending of this Episode. For what concerns me Erika's red was shattered, the same way past red sentences were. You don't see her chocking simply because it was theatrically better that way. Not to mention that there has to be a reason as to why the exact number wasn't said so far and now it is.

-This doesn't account for a good point for you. in Episode3 Eva-Beatrice makes a list of 15 people dead and ends by saying that 15 people have died. Therfore you are either stuck with Battler Eva or Jessica not being persons or with the possibility that you can say "X persons have died" using loopholes. And if such a loophole exists then it can also be used for Kanon or Shannon in the previous red text that state that 6 persons have died.

Quote:
Idon't know if Shkatrice had also been your thoughts or not, but to me I have established my own theory of all mysteries (who is Beatrice? Who is the mastermind? What is the motive?) after I read the Question Arc. I do not plan to change my mind until Ryu07 contradicted my thoughts directly.
In that case why did you even start a discussion with me? You made quite clear that whatever I say you won't change your mind. I didn't address you, I was stating my point. You are free to believe whatever you want, if you are willing to open your mind to other points of view and confront your opinions with others you are welcomed, but if it's not the case don't waste my time.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2010-01-20 at 11:06.