View Single Post
Old 2015-02-02, 18:33   Link #210
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Saazbaum deceived the emperor.
Sure, but it's not like the Emperor never had a chance to hear Slaine's version of things. The Emperor did get to hear that. So the Emperor made his decision even after hearing Slaine's take on things. Slaine did his part to try to set the Emperor straight, and the Emperor still made the decision to continue/renew hostilities against Earth. One could argue that as a servant to the royals, Slaine should respect that decision.

Quote:
It is because he gets to feel justified about killing the man who injured Asseylum while being the one who allowed her to be injured by that same man due to supporting that man's cause.
What does that have to do with having your cake and eating it too? Do you think Slaine wanted Asseylum to get injured by Saazbaum?

Quote:
It is both.
No, it isn't. Slaine did not betray Asseylum the person, just her ideals. Slaine has, in fact, gone to considerable lengths to keep Asseylum alive.

Quote:
Slaine saving the person who wants to kill her is a betrayal on her.
No, it isn't. Not if his reason for saving that person has nothing to do with her, and it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I'm less when he later used his image against her ideals. One thing is hoping to accomplish something, another is to use her (or whoever) against her own beliefs. If I had to use the word betrayal of the person, that is when he crossed the line. Despite you can say he used only her ideals, that was much more than that.
I disagree. Asseylum's image being used like that is likely necessary in order for Saazbaum to hold up to his side of the deal, and for him to not have the plug pulled on the real Asseylum. It's a messy ethical compromise that was made (at least in part) in order to preserve the life of Asseylum, which is why I'm drawing an important distinction between Asseylum the person and Asseylum's ideals.

Quote:
He/they are putting the sins of the war on her,
No they aren't. This war was already going on before fake!Asseylum showed up.