View Single Post
Old 2009-12-02, 21:00   Link #210
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Spoiler for Long Post:
Say what you will, I still see it as being inconsiderate of others. I'm not trying to be offensive in any way just in case you're taking my posts in that sense, but you're forgetting one important factor. And that's interpretation. What we see in the series might be fact but it won't make another person's interpretation any less truer than yours (i.e - Unless the subtleties are obvious in the way they were intended.) In my case, I've argued otherwise with some pretty plausible scenarios which I still won't agree with what you seem to be calling the "truth" or "fact." So unless Kawamori states outright how each controversial scene was intended, I'll have to disagree with what you seem to be calling the truth.

That's the beauty of a story for writers, they'll lay out scenes where it's obvious in what way they were meant to be interpreted but there are always cases where they purposely leave certain moments ambiguous. Macross Frontier contains exactly that, an ambiguous ending which leaves the audience with different ways of interpreting it.

Me and Magnus actually had a pretty interesting conversation (a calm one at that.) Of course we didn't reach a consensus but we were very open-minded with one another and let our opinions be heard (well seen in this case ) Either way, if you're interested in reading this conversation then be my guest. It all started with this post:

Conversation with Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
But Alto and Ranka were pining for each other while she was away~! *bats eyelashes* (It's a common statement I've heard over the course of the months btw).
But...but, they were *looks at raile with wide shiny eyes*

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"