Thread: Licensed Shikabane Hime Kuro
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-03, 14:36   Link #143
Argent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine247 View Post
I have a question.....
Ori kagami's mother is an immortal and so he is considered to be the child of a corpse......But was his father a human?Or is Ori purely immortal??
As I remember from the episode: Oori's mom died before she could give birth, which was her regret, so she became a corpse and gave birth to Oori, who was still alive in the womb. The mystery is Somehow, Oori manages to survive until he's four or five while his mother becomes a mindless corpse. His mother wasn't anything special, just a pregnant woman who was looking forward to raising her soon to be born child. That's the tragedy of what happened next.

Personally, I prefer this scenario as being the least grisly:

I think Oori's Dad took care of him during the critical first 2 years and then Oori's Mom found him, killed whatever family was around - grandparents, aunts, uncles, of course Dad - and then tried to start raising Oori. She probably was able to do it long enough, a few weeks maybe months, to establish a pattern - get food, play, cuddle - and to get Oori to understand "This is mommy" before she started to degrade to the point she couldn't recognize her boy any longer and mindlessly held to past patterns - find Oori, get food, feed Oori. So she steals random kids, goes off "to get food", returns and can't recognize who is her kid, gets confused, repeats the cycle. And all the while she's degrading more and more.

The really disgusting thought, what was Oori eating that the other kids wouldn't? Because the episode says most of the kids starved to death and we see Oori scavenging a junk pile. All sorts of discomforting ideas there.

Alternately, Corpse Mom was able to hold it together for four years and able to live out her dream of caring for a baby through infancy to pre-K age. Then she broke and couldn't tell who her son was. This requires her to be a highly functioning corpse during the critical development times of Oori's childhood and not the mindless monster she turned into.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote