View Single Post
Old 2011-10-09, 23:19   Link #56
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hmm...for me, Rosario+Vampire(especially the anime) is....so so, I guess. Personally, I find the concept/story (school for demons) is half-baked. The makers didn’t even try to dig deeply into it and only scratch the surface. It’s like the so called ‘demon school’ is just needed as a mere background for the harem romance to develop. Yes, it is a comedy, but that’s no reason for half-baked story, unlike The World God Only Knows (for example) who fully embrace its concept (conquering real women by dating-sims methods) to the small details.

(to me) The characters are also boring. Yes, there is a tsundere main girl (personality, in this case), which is the only saving grace of this show. The main guy is ‘very weak’ not only physically, but also in character. Yes, he is good natured and he gets the occasional vampiric power-up, but it doesn’t save his weak character. The girls surrounding him has no (interesting) characteristics except from some ‘archetypes’ like shy, lusty, cool/quiet, loli, etc. After only some minor development, those girls totally worship the main-guy and would do anything for him which is rather bland for my taste.

Sorry if some R+V fans are offended, I really mean no harm ^_^. I'm not trying to trash this anime or prevent anybody to watch it. Those are just my opinion/description of Rosario+Vampire. If you think that you’ll enjoy the series, feel free to go ahead ^_^.

PS: It IS ecchi and DOES have some occasional panty shots if that's a plus for you ^_^.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Currently watching R+V and it kinda has what i was looking for; yes, plot-wise might not be even an overall good anime, already seen personalities, but it fits many requests.

Since you guessed many animes i liked, i'll give a chance to Ladies vs Butlers and the other you named, after i finish this one.

Thanks again for your replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Anyways, currently watching second season of R+W, and even tho the plot is simple, almost blank in some ways, almost poor of originality, i still like it, because it respects some of the features i was looking for. Some scenes are repeated, combats are demential and often end within 2 mins with 1 kick: overall, from an external point of view, i would consider it a mediocre anime, but i'm not caring much about it, considering it was what i was looking for at the moment.

One day i'll prolly spit on this work, and wonder why i ever watched it, but currently i feel like it. Hope you understood what i wanted to communicate to you.
... as a fan of R+V, I can say that the majority of fans of that series around here love the manga to death, and view the anime as a complete abomination. While we don't take it to the level that tsukihime fans do (the Tsukihime fans won't even acknowledge that an anime of that series was made; it was that bad compared to the original VN source), there's a not-so-small group of the series fans that want a remake of it. The first season was good until the last two episodes, and the second season was just plain horrible, beginning to end. Which is why we recommend taking up the manga once you've seen the anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No problem, I'm more than understand about people's preference . yeah, I mention Kimagure coz I just finished the manga and I think it's very good. As I mention before, I've never seen the anime. That's why I even doubt about recommending it .

Oh yeah, for R+V, if I'm not mistaken, the manga is still on-going. So if the anime follows the story of the manga, it won't have any definitive end too.

Yeah, it's a shame that many good animes come from mangas & light novels that's still on-going. So the problem for most of them is either filler episodes or some made-up/inferior/cliffhanger endings. It's sad, really.

EDIT: Oh yeah, have you seen Maburaho? I think if you like R+V you'll like this too. The story is as interesting and better yet, it has a definitive ending or so. Then again, I guess your holiday time is over, right? So, good luck studying in college ^_^.
The R+V manga is very different from the anime... so much better on countless levels. For instance, it actually has a plot... and has what can be called a "good dosage" of ecchi, comedy and romance to it

[/end rant about the R+V anime]

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote