View Single Post
Old 2013-11-25, 12:02   Link #33248
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
(Side note: I highly doubt Ryukishi actually had the MBTI in mind while writing the characters, it's really just a fun thing to play with. I don't even know if it's well-known in Japan at all, and it's certainly stretching things to say that most of the Umineko cast are 'textbook definitions' of any MBTI type.)
While the MBTI is not unknown in Japan, and due to Jung's fame among Japanese writers me not being surprised if it did turn up, I doubt if this was actually an inspiration.
I do have to wonder how the MBTI suddenly got so much attention on the internet anyway, considering that it's a model that has been severely criticized and severely shows its age.

On two matters more related to the content of the series, thanks to jjblue I got at least some scans of the chapters currently only released in magazine form, until I get my copies of the GanGan-Joker from October to December.
First of, two pages I was unsure what they meant when trying to decipher the Chinese scans of chapter 20.
Spoiler for Further EP5 solution from the manga:

But also to return to the question of what was hinted before it's reveal and what not. I reread EP5 and 6 as manga as well, and I can't check if this was in the VN, but something sprung out to me.
When Chick-Beato complains about the love duel Elder Beato, Zepar, and Furfur give her an explanation and it goes like this:
Furfur: Does the social status of two lovers really not matter at all?!
For example, does a man who already has a wife have the right to love another woman?
Elder-Beato: Of course not!
If he loves two, then his feelings do not mount up to a whole feeling for one.
A man like this has no right towards love.

Furfur: Furthermore, hear us out!!
Can you allow love to a married man!?
Can you allow love to a married woman!?
Falling in love with ones parent!?
Can you possibly allow falling in love with ones child!?

You see? There is a multitude of people or social positions that do not have the right to love another!

I think this example should clear up whether it is intended that Yasu was born out of incest or not...
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote