View Single Post
Old 2013-11-25, 22:49   Link #33253
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
Well, cousins can marry in Japan, right? So they have 'the right to love', I guess.
That seems a bit arbitrary to me. Also: Still also their aunt/uncle.

I mean I'm not saying this is something she can't do, I'm just saying justifying one but categorically rejecting another is... odd. Plenty of married couples fall out of love, why couldn't you love someone else who is married? It's a very odd interpretation.

I'll ignore that it's also completely overlooking a half-dozen other forms of love, because obviously Yasu is focused on one type in particular. But in that case... you'd think the rules would have to be pretty relaxed from the start to include "my cousin/nephew, my other cousin/nephew, and my cousin/niece/best friend I'm pretending to be a boy around." If you can go to that level of deception, sneaking around behind your wife's back with someone you "truly" love can't be that unimaginable.

Hell, are Zepar and Furfur saying Bice and Kinzo didn't have a right to love? He was married, with kids... yet ep7 portrays that as true love, and it's sort of the root cause of the entire problem Yasu finds herself in to begin with.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote