View Single Post
Old 2006-10-17, 09:19   Link #202
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
For the Yuuichi vs Kyon debate, I'm still having a hard time figuring in Sugita as Yuuichi. Not really because he sounds like Kyon (which I could care less about), but really because Kisaichi came first. Not that Sugita is doing a bad job, mind you, but the Yuuichi that I am accustomed to is less saracastic-mean (ie. Kyon) and more sarcastic-whiny (ie. Yuuichi 2k2). And so can't help but feel that this Yuuichi feels a whole lot more Kyon than it feels Yuuichi to me.

I mean, let's say if Goto Yuko were to replace Kouda as Nayuki, I'm sure she'd do a fine job as her. Still, no matter how good of a job she does, it wouldn't feel like Nayuki at all to me (if I had to guess, Goto's acting of Nayuki would be like her Hiori in Mizuiro).

Well, Yuichi 2k2 is less believable to me as a guy that girls would fall for. To me, he was an irritating lazy whiner. Kyon seemed tired with change and only wanted normalcy. Again, hard to believe that anyone would hook up with him too. Yuichi 2k6 is sarcastic, slightly melodramatic (given the situaltion it's understandable) but vulnerable. He doesn't want to get hurt again but that cold exterior is just melting and those memories are returning. You can see it in his facial expressions in ep. 2. To me, it's very easy to distinguish Yuichi and Kyon if you can get around that voice. Plus, their backgrounds are so dissimilar that no one would really say that these 2 are similar. You really wouldn't want to wish Yuichi's past on anyone.

Getting use to a new seiyuu can be hard I agree, but you really need to do this to get the full experience of Kanon again imo.

Back to Mai: Can't wait to see Mai's bunny ears. They were so awesome in those fighting game clips.