View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 12:12   Link #6134
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
How much are your sanitary engineers paid? Over here, I feel that higher wages are fine for them because they are only paid S$600 per month the last time I heard.
For 2009:
Average salary for the garbage truck driver or the loader (they're positions are interchangeable) is $25.11/hr Canadian. The starting base is $19/hr. Which is approximately 1:1 ratio.
Their work hour is 10 hours a day, 4 days a week.

So $4017.6 a month, $52,228 /year. Keep in mind that's with full benefits. I don't know about this part of the public sector but many of the city workers of Toronto have 24 days of paid holidays a year. (2 days a month, but it compounds each month and each year).

I'm paid $30/hr. But I don't have my engineers license yet. I need to graduate first. I'll probably make $35~40/hr when I'm a full fledged p.eng. I don't care about how much they're paid.

I don't like the idea of 'give me a raise or I will stop working'. If I want a raise, I suck up to the boss and ask for one. I can't just not show up to work and expect a raise while being paid for not showing up.

The data was the result of the negotiation from their biggest strike in 2009. I moved to another city a few hours away so I don't know much of what goes on in Toronto anymore.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote