Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 02:40   Link #227
Westlo
Lets be reality

As someone on GAF said... (maybe ducky?) all they have to do is throw in character singles with the volumes and look out records... you'll be getting one of the last records Acchan does with AKB and most people who buy it won't even care about the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
(Satelight and early production disasters almost seem to go hand in hand a lot of the time...Kissdum: Engage Planet anyone?)
If that's the case than you should easily be able to name a few more shows that were early production disasters... (like maybe Basquash) so go ahead an name them... I won't be holding my breath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Can't help but agree with Kaoishin Sama that this might be a flop (at worst a disaster that would destroy the image of Satelight to AKB fans everywhere) even before the first second of the first episode.
Lol... I'm sure that Kawamori and his crew are shivering @ the thought of all AKB fans putting studio satelight on a blacklist... I mean lets look @ studio satelights 2nd to 5th highest selling shows.

*2884 *9 Sousei no Aquarion
*1658 *7 Galaxy Angelu~n
*1472 *9 Guin Saga
***** *7 Kamichama Karin

God damn, these figures would just tumble if AKB fans boycotted Satelight! (and yes i know pirates is well above aquarion with a "massive" 5k and that evol will probably be the same)

This is easily a low risk, high reward project... character singles alone should generate more than enough sales... as long as they're smart enough to bundle (some of) them with the anime.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote