View Single Post
Old 2012-03-21, 16:36   Link #4020
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
Im talking about GoL, i mean, we don't know how hilde fell in love with him after he went to moon base, thus we never know how he started to like her, remember that when she was injured he freak out! and defeated a vayeate and mercurius with Trowa and Heero's AI.

And before trent find him with Zero, we saw only him living with her, but not how their relationship started, i mean maybe he saw hilde as a new chance to forget that he attracts death and destruction to everyone who likes him, and in FT when she died All of that "everyone stay back, im death incarnate, i attract only death and and destruction, leave me alone" returned.
Not exactly, considering they broke up well before her supposed death. But dude, that's GW for you. Everything is fast-forwarded, from character development to plot. You'll sooner see pigs fly than the writers delving further into romantic relationships. Squeezing the plot into 49 episodes was hard enough as it was. If you recall, it took Hilde about ten minutes to forget everything she previously believed and stood for and to help Duo, a total stranger who she had met for said ten minutes.
Though true, now we have a chance to see how exactly it developed (if it did). Still, considering the show's genre I doubt we'll get much. Perhaps a throwaway reference toward the end (series-EW) to tie it in with FT but really, don't get your hopes up too high. Seeing as they're already cutting a lot of scenes from the series, additional stuff like this is unlikely to be incorporated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
You know, everyone always said that because they lived together they were in love, but I never saw that... Hilde seemed to have a crush on Duo, but it didn't look like Duo cared. Every time they were portrayed together, Duo just seemed to be taking care of her, nothing more. Then FT portrays him as a douche towards her. Continues to live with her, runs off, incurs a debt, marries her and immediately runs off again. Are those really the actions of a man who loves a chick he's known since he was 15?
As far as the series goes, it's safe to say that they were close. Duo worries immensely about Hilde; she's all to willing to throw her life away for him which in turn drives him up a wall because he's the one supposed to risk his life and "suffer as much as he did", not Hilde. The battle with MD Vayeate and Mercurius proves that. Then there's also this little joke here:

Spoiler for family portrait?:

Add a couple of years to Duo and Hilde and you can pass this off as a family outing.

In all seriousness though, there's definitely something there. But whether they are just friends, lovers or dunno, something like siblings is up to every viewer to decide. Personally, I felt a lot of their scenes were rushed and forced but the general idea is that Hilde is Duo's "home to return to," as he himself says at the end of EW. So yeah, for all it's worth he loves her. In what way is up to everyone's preference.

Now, FT gives us some very odd developments concerning their characters and their relationship. I've said before that I'm not a fan of it since Duo got turned into a total douche for no reason, what with him marrying Hilde just because he wanted the joined assets to buy a motorbike. Likewise, Hilde agreeing to marry him just because he cuts the braid is stupid beyond belief. Hence, I'm disinclined to use it as an argument for the nature of their relationship in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
Is that i want to know what hell he's doing there????
Not much, actually. He finished the incomplete Gundams, trained his little sister and now he's chilling with Trowa and Catherine on the Shorfok 2. Aaaand he's angsting about his sister being evil and stuff.
As for his family, he isn't married if that's what you want to know. Thanks to FT he decided to be all emo and to "neither love nor marry anyone" because he totally killed his mother and father and a crapload of soldiers. Taking the blame for everything, that's Quatre alright.
EDIT: As for the family business, Quatrine is treated as the heir now (hence the middle name which apparently only heirs have).

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-02-15 at 07:04.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote