View Single Post
Old 2010-04-20, 05:57   Link #547
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Koyama such a perv. Poor assistant lady, rofl.
Since we get the animation instead of a video, I wonder if it's not as bad as we might imagine...or if it's worse (^^

Quote:
Notice how Ueda Kana rarely speaks out like Kakky. Always does that when there's a lot of people on a show. orz
Wonder why that is. Listening to some old episodes of Comchat now, and she seems pretty bright and cheerful (though I haven't quite heard enough to grasp her personality yet...)

Quote:
derp, I crept in to see what they think the title for B Gata H Kei meant and I got:

『B型H系のB型とH系って何だ?性行為感染症の型か何かか?』
「B型肝炎HIV感染症」
LOL Nice clean minds they have over here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
*snip*

In response to the recent long discussions, I'm generally pretty disgusted at die-hard fans which create the idol culture, with its complex and "what on earth" set of generally accepted rules.
I'm sorry to say I really don't take much notice of female seiyuu, and actually...er...didn't like Horie Yui for a long time because of her 'cutesy' voice - I'm still a bit ambivalent at present. It usually takes a female character I really like to make me notice a female seiyuu, which is kinda unfortunate because there probably are some fantastic performances in anime that I'll never even consider watching. But whilst Saitou Chiwa only came to my attention because of Hitagi, just looking at the variety of characters she's done (and watching some short compilations), I personally think she's somewhere above the average.

I'm not sure I'd place the blame for idol culture solely on the fans. After all, someone has to put in the cash in the first place. Also, from the sounds of it, the whole jimusho system seems to have similar roots to the studio system that existed in American during (or was it before?) the so-called Golden Age of film. I'm not too clear on the details of how the studio system was disrupted, but if this idol system in Japan is to change, I'd say that the artists need to step up, and their fans need to start rooting for what's best for their 'idols' rather than what they themselves want... Don't really see either happening anytime soon, but maybe, one day in the future...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote