View Single Post
Old 2007-10-28, 14:52   Link #77
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Also that smile in ep 24 was a bit too ambiguous for anyone to be certain whether Yuji heard Shana or not. This really comes down to what the writer decides, you can yell as much as you want saying that Yuji definitely head Shana confess, but if the writer says otherwise then it's not true.
Actually, it is far more stupid than that ... because now they actually showed us the explosion happening before Shana actually said her last words, while she clearly did the last season. The whole whopping love triangle (rectangle?) rides on this clumsy plothole. Have him reject her because he needs time to think or something if they must, but not turn the whole thing in something inconsistent. In short the writers had written themselves in a corner, and the only way out of those is usually not pretty.

As for this episode ... it was rather poor and filler-like. Yuji's sudden attraction to Konoe aside, i really don't like what they are doing with his character, as the amount of density he displays towards Shana is rather overwhelming. He has shown himself to be rather sharp, at times even where relationships are concerned ... and i don't appreciate the writers adjusting his density to levels that are required for their forced drama at specific moment.

Now, if i pretend i forget for a second that writers are jerking Yuji by strings ... actually, both Yuji and Shana are somewhat at fault here. Yuji for being as dense as a rock (Shana's hints are fairly obvious), and Shana for letting this drag on ... a few words of confirmation from her and we could end all this. Yuji obviously likes her (He even looked like he was ready to jump for joy when he got a few words of acknowledgment from Shana after their training ) and Shana obviously likes him ... why the writers chose to artificially extend the love triangle i am not sure, but the manner in which it is done is somewhat clumsy.

Lastly - someone should tell Konoe (or better yet - the writer) she has just subjected the little bird to a crueler fate than being eaten by a cat, because she touched it.

Ironically, the dinner in restaurant was the best part of this episode. 5/10

As for Konoe - i think it is undeniable she is some sort of a human doll created by Hecate for whatever reason ... Yuji's attachment to her means setting up some drama material when it turns out her time is limited or something of the sort I hope Margery isn't permanently bound to the sofa as well, as i would love to see her doing something more active