View Single Post
Old 2008-01-15, 23:10   Link #2
kjk8288
Caffein > Sleep

Welcome to the N.H.K: This series was truly great. The story of the socially challenged rejects climbing back into society was so captivating and entertaining. The comedy scenes were hilarious and original as well. Definate must see!
Hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora: A story about a beautiful girl who's been hospitalized most of her life due to fatal illness and a boy who falls in love with her. Very heart felt series that made me watch it over and over again.
Byousoku 5 Centimeter: Well it's not a series, it's a movie, but great nevertheless. It showed the cruelty of reality and showed that not everyone finds happiness in life. A very motivating and touching series. The artwork is great as well as the storyline.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: One of the funniest shows I've ever seen. 5/5 for originality and comedy. The artwork was nothing like I've seen before (Not because it was good but because it was so original). This is the kind of series that make you fall out of your chair and laugh on the floor.
School Rumble: First series I've ever seen where almost all the characters get a descent amount of screen time. Anything you'd predict to happen just doesn't happen. There's always some wierd comical twist that makes you lol.
Baccano!: Bloody, violent, twisted but yet manages to still be hilarious. All the episodes are like puzzle pieces that confuse you until the end when the pieces start fitting together. Truly great series and deserves a view.
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan: A gory and brainless series. I don't even know why I like it, I just do. It's totally senseless and the plot is disturbing. But when you have a huge craving for blood, cuteness and laughter, this is it. If you're down or depressed this is the choice to go.
Speed Grapher: A really great series deserving of a huge thumbs up. It showed the greediness and the desire for materialism that the first world societies hold and the meaning of freedom. The story was full of great twists and it's a must see.
Overdrive: A motivating series about a failure of a boy who finds his love in cycling. He thrives to become the best even through the most hopeless of situations.