Thread: Macross - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-29, 15:55   Link #448
Kit-Tsukasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
I think Frontier can be released in Nroth America without a lawsuit. It appears Big West firmly has all the legal rights they need to release Macross sequels where ever they wish (following their case against Tatsunoko in 2002). But the question is, will they bother? Frontier was a major success in Japan, but Big West has never shown any interest in selling Macross internationally despite the earning potential. Maybe that will change, but probably not.
If Funimation has enough money to purchase a whole bunch of licenses this week + possibly Eva 1.0 and Soul Eater (which are anticipated in the next two days), then they probably could. If I'm not mistaken, Macross Frontier is the next most expensive license after Eva 1.0 right now.

Question is where is Funi getting all there funding/money from?

After the disaster with original Macross, I think even trying to touch Zero or Plus was impossible (Macross 7 doesn't count for that piece of crap), let alone Macross DYRL. If Zero is impossible, might as well give up on Frontier even though Zero was better while Frontier sold better.

This is also probably why we'll never get a May'n and Megumi concert here <_<

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Kit-Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote