View Single Post
Old 2010-09-18, 06:46   Link #1
Westlo
Lets be reality

[PS3/360/WiiU] Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Holy shit the fighting game renaissance continues!

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/31496

lol @ Lily and Asuka @ the end, considering they were my sub and main in T6 respectively that's probably mt\y tag team. Pretty damn hyped for this since Tekken Tag was my fav Tekken.. spent so much on the arcade unit @ my Uni for this back in the day.

Info from neogaf, no source provided.

Quote:
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 General Info:

As everyone knows… The previously announced Street Fighter X TEKKEN and TEKKEN X Street Fighter titles are part of an overall “Fighting Game Festival.” But, the first title in the “festival” is announced today (at TOUGEKI)… TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2. Tentatively scheduled for a Summer 2011 arcade release in Japan.

TEKKEN fans are in for a real treat as the order of releases for games will be:

1. TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2
2. Street Fighter X TEKKEN
3. TEKKEN X Street Fighter

Today’s teaser trailer is in-game footage, not CG. It might look similar to TEKKEN 6, but the graphics engine has been tweaked/improved to support up to 4 characters on screen at once. The character models were redone from TEKKEN 6 moving onward to TTT2.

TTT2 will follow the same control scheme as the original Tekken Tag Tournament: One stick for movement and 5 action buttons. As seen in the teaser, there will be tag combos involving both characters tagging in and out-in succession to complete multi-hit combos/juggles. Walled stages remain and breakable walls/floors are still in the game. New mechanics and stage features will also be implemented. As seen in the trailer, there are some possible unique attacks depending on the character teams that are chosen (Ex. Jin & Asuka).

Several characters are featured in the trailer, but the character lineup will not be announced for some time

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-09-18 at 07:02.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote