View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 15:31   Link #100
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
well one thing was made transparent, the fact that many original storys (be it manga or light novel) are often botched when they are made into an anime. ALL THX TO THE GUYS WHO PRODUCED SPICE AND WOLF, that was a good job. i thought oreimo was pretty decent at the start, but now its easy to see all the holes in the story which leads to a heavy decrease of enjoyment.
I agree, Spice and wolf was anime adaption done right, its short and sweet and didn't cut away stuff that would be detrimental to the character. To Aru series that done pretty well so far as well as for as anime adaption goes.

Too bad, I really had high hope for this one and love the series so far until really, this episode.

To be clear, I have no problem with the episode been about anime adaption part, what I had problem was that they virtually kept Kuroneko's rant and Kyosuke's begging in tact. which to me felt really awkward even without LN influence.

Like Eater of All said, yeah, the anime want to make Kirino the child love by God, I get that, but its getting too far to a point where its impossible to like her, and now they are dragging Kyosuke along for the ride. The excuse of "I'm her brother" just doesn't convince me anymore and it makes me have to re-read LN just to make me believe in their characters again and I don't want to do that.

I really wanted to enjoy this sereis on its own with having to go back to LN to fill in critical information that would filled the gap.

I just can't help but wonder how they can show any character progression with 4 more episodes?

BTW, V3 is my least favorite book and I only skip through it and didn't really read it. Which was the one reason I can't wait to watch this episodeb before. But after watching it, it just makes no sense to me and I fail to connect this episode to the prior episodes and can't figure out why the character acts they way they did that had me go back and actually read the volume through and post that summary...

As for what relentlessflame is saying, I have to agree that the only purpose I can think of for thsi episode is exactly that. I'll still watch through this series but I'm hoping for FMA (1st series), Bamboo Blade, Dragonball GT type of result where I can say it was not source material, but it was a damn good series in its own right.

I'm now can't wait for ep 9 after reading about its synopsis, sound like another original work and it better turns out better than this one.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2010-11-22 at 15:42.