Thread: Needless
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 20:58   Link #9385
Avvesione

This reminds me of a discussion point that occurred in Needless when they were explaining how Blade was able to nullify Agnishwattas by using the Fourth Wave has a means of overcoming the extreme heat. Because the two fragments share a common area of the brain (in this case, heat) then Blade as able to use the Fourth Wave based off what he learned from Agnishwattas to absorb it.

Now consider the case of Nanami and Hatfield who both have control over water. Nanami's fragment is Aqua Coral whereas Hatfield has Rain Maker. It's entirely possible that these two different fragments utilize the same areas of the brain which would explain why both Nanami and Hatfield can use Aqua Coral (manipulating the speed and direction of water) but have two different fragments (seeing as Hatfield can do much more with water than Nanami).

Furthermore, Saten provided some hints during that chapter as well (41 if you wanna go back and reread it). He said something along the line of how his fragment and Aruka's fragment would fit perfectly if the fragments were aligned in a puzzle according to the laws of the universe. It could be that Nanami's and Hatfield are the same with Nanami's being next to Hatfield in whatever organization of Fragments there are. And quite possibily, you'd have Strom next to them based on his Ice fragment.

I'm not sure if that answer will satisfy either of you but it's how I view the difference between Nanami's Aqua Coral and Hatfield's Rain Maker. Both fragments utilize the Aqua Coral aspect of the brain but Rain Maker can do more.